Thursday, June 23, 2016

Happy Birthday

Hello!  Diane here with a fun card using a couple of Avery Elle stamp sets, Big Greetings and Skating By!


These two stamp sets work wonderfully well together!!


To make my card I started by masking off the bottom of the card and doing some ink blending using distress inks (Carved Pumpkin, Mustard Seed, Twisted Citron, Salty Ocean, and Wilted Violet).  After I finished I added a few drops of water to it.  When it was dry I stamped the large "happy birthday" sentiment in black.  Next I stamped the balloons on the card and also made a mask for them so that I could do some ink blending on them.  To do this simply cut out the inside of the mask (in this case I cut out the inside of the balloons and left the outer part intact, hope that makes sense).  I colored the balloons with the same colors that I used at the bottom of my card.  I added some water drops to the balloons, and stamped the sentiment "oh em gee" on one of them.


I stamped the dog from Skating By to make it look as though it's standing on the sentiment, and I stamped the cute little party hat on his head and the gift on his back.  There was no need for masking with this part, the elements all fit together quite nicely.  I water colored the dog, party hat, and gift using distress inks.  I finished the card by adding a few gold sequins to it.  As I said these two stamp sets work beautifully together, the tinier elements in Skating By are perfect with the large sentiments in Big Greetings!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, so very adorable, Diane! Love the fun little dog and those wonderful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane - so way awesome the way you combined these two stamp sets, so clever!! The shading and the way you made that shelf of sorts for the sentiment to sit on is just SO COOL! Love all the fun details in this card - such as how the balloons match the ledge that you created - such a delightful card!!

    ReplyDelete