Thursday, June 30, 2016

Hi

Happy Thursday, friends!  

Diane here today with a card using the Hero Arts Paper Layering Palm Tree Pair and Avery Elle's Skating By.

I made a card a few weeks ago using the Palm Tree and patterned paper.  For this card I wanted to try using watercolor to color it.


To make my card I started by cutting the palm tree from some watercolor paper.  I used Distress inks to color it, Mowed Lawn for the palms and Gathered Twig for the trunk.  I'm not great at watercolor, but I found the tree to be pretty easy to color.  One thing I've discovered is that if you add some splatters of water to something, along with some ink splatters, you can make almost anything look artistic, and that's what I did to this tree :)  I painted the background of the card with Tumbled Glass Distress Ink, and a separate piece of watercolor paper with Tea Dye Distress Ink to make the sand.  I used some circle dies to cut out the sand.  My favorite Doxie is making another appearance this week, this time at the beach, sipping on her drink with her smart phone nearby.  These stamps, along with the sentiment, are from the very versatile Skating By stamp set.  I'm tickled pink with all of the uses I'm finding with this set!  I fussy cut the Doxie, drink, and phone, after watercoloring them, because I didn't want a white border around them.  I just love how this card turned out, so cute and playful!


Hope you're having a wonderful summer so far, thanks for stopping by today!

2 comments:

  1. Such a charmingly cute and fun scene - love that little dog just sipping his drink while resting in the shade of that gorgeously done palm tree!! Diane - you did so good!!!

    ReplyDelete