Thursday, June 2, 2016

Pineapple Kisses

Hello there, Diane here today with a card showcasing the gorgeous Hero Arts Paper Layering Pineapple die and Elle's Studio: Little Moments 6x6 Paper Stack!




I'm loving the papers in the Little Moments paper stack and I really wanted to try them out with the pineapple die!  To make this card I first placed the bottom portion of the pineapple die on the pink polka dot paper and cut with my die cutting machine.  I did not remove the die from the paper right away after cutting, first I traced around the shape of the die with a pencil so that I would have a cutting line to easily cut out the pineapple shape (this die does not cut around the edge of the pineapple shape, it just cuts the little openings that you see standing up on my card).  I removed the die and cut inside the pencil line.  Next I used the same process with the green paper and the top portion of the pineapple die.  I placed the top and bottom together and whala, you have a pretty pink polka dot pineapple (hey, don't judge me, pink polka dot pineapples are a real thing in my imagination lol!)  The pretty floral paper base is also from Little Moments, I thought it paired well with my bold pineapple.  I placed some striped vellum paper and a die cut scribble circle behind the pineapple, and topped it off with the fussy cut "kisses" sentiment.  One of the fun things about this die is the dimension you achieve when you pop up all the little cut pieces.




Isn't that fun?!  I hope I've inspired you to create the "pineapple of your dreams" using the Hero Arts Paper Layering Pineapple!

4 comments:

  1. Diane this is just so pretty. I love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome!! Love the papers and of course, that pineapple!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW - Diane - this is magnificent and just bursting with total and complete awesome-ness!! Love the vivid colors and just the awesome styling of this card!!

    ReplyDelete