Thursday, June 16, 2016

You're fabulous!

Hello, Diane here with a card using some fun Hero Arts products!  I used the Hero Arts Color Layering Flamingo Stamp Set and Paper Layering Palm Tree Pair, along with some Elle's Studio: Sunny Days Paper Stack papers to create this summery card!


 





Isn't the dimension on the palm tree fabulous?!!  I made it by cutting 2 of the patterned papers in the Elle's Studio: Sunny Days Paper Stack, a green print for the top of the palm tree and a wood grain print for the trunk.  I used some of the same wood grain print to make the curvy layer at the bottom of my card.  The base layer of my card is also from the same paper stack, I love the subtle pattern, it's just enough to add some interest to the background with overwhelming the main images.  To make the flamingo I stamped it with several shades of peach and pink ink.  I always thought flamingos were pink but when I did an internet search of pictures I saw that many of them are more peach than pink.  I don't have the die for the flamingo but it was very easy to fussy cut.  After it was cut I popped it up on some foam dimensional tape.  I LOVE the sentiments in this set and for my card today I stamped "you're fabulous!" directly on the wood grain paper.  To finish the card I added some gold sequin "coconuts" to the palm tree and ground, such a fun touch, don't you think?




I hope my card inspires you to try some of these Hero Art dimensional dies, Drive By Crafts carries several of them in the store!

7 comments:

  1. Diane, this is fabulous! Love the texture on the flamingo from the layer-stamping and tha coconut tree die is awesome! Oh I miss my hometown. Lots of coconut tree but no flamingo hahahahaha....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love how you used the sequins Diane. Genius to use them for the coconuts. Adds that perfect finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic and truly fabulous card Diane has made - so trendy and cool looking!! Love all the awesome details that just make this card rock!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun card! Love those color layer stamps.

    ReplyDelete