Thursday, July 21, 2016

Hello

Hello, Diane here, and I'm so glad you stopped by!  I'm sharing a pretty, tropical card today using the Hero Arts Paper Layering Pineapple Die and Avery Elle Big Greetings.

  




To make the background of my card I used some Distress Inks (Peacock Feathers, Cracked Pistachio, and Tumbled Glass), to do some ink blending on white card stock.  When I was finished I added some drops of water and some ink splatters to it.  I trimmed the panel and attached it to a white card base along with a strip of gold glitter tape.  To make the pineapple I used the Hero Arts Paper Layering Pineapple Die.  I cut a piece of watercolor paper with the die and then colored it with some Distress Inks (Mustard Seed, Ripe Persimmon, and a little bit of Brushed Corduroy for the bottom of the pineapple, and Twisted Citron and Mowed Lawn for the top).  I cut out the pineapple, trimming it as close as possible because I didn't want a border around it, I was going for a more realistic look.  I used some dimensional foam tape to place the pineapple on top of some white string.  I stamped the word "hello", from Avery Elle Big Greetings, in black and fussy cut it.  I popped it up on the card, and then added a few gold sequins to finish.

I hope you enjoy my card, thanks for visiting!

3 comments: