Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Stand Tall Darling

Hello!  Diane here with a card featuring the lovely Hero Arts Color Layering Flamingo and Elle's Studio: Sunny Days 6x6 Paper Stack!




The layout of this card was greatly influenced by the talented Alice Wertz!  I've been a big fan of Alice's work for years now.  Her coloring skills are incredible, but she's also a master at mixing and matching patterned papers in creative ways I would never think of myself.  Mine never look quiiiite as good as hers, but I'm working at it! 


To make this card I stamped the flamingo using several shades of pink ink, the water with teal ink, and the grass with green ink.  I used a curved, scalloped die to cut the white card stock (I like how the curve follows the curve of the flamingo's body!)  I added several pieces of the Sunny Days patterned paper on the right side of the card.  I wanted to add a bit more dimension to my card so I stamped the grass several more times on white card stock, fussy cut it, and added it to the card.  I stamped the sentiment with black ink and added a few clear sequins to finish the card.  I just love the beautiful, graceful flamingo combined with the playful patterns of the paper, don't you?

1 comment:

  1. What a gorgeous and stunning card! I love the way you used different and wonderful pattern papers on this!! Super cool and so well done!!

    ReplyDelete