Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Heart Shaker

Hi there! 
Ceal, here to share some more Valentines inspiration with you today using some Concord & 9th goodness! 

To make this shaker card, I started with some sequin mixes, a stamp storage pocket (these make amazing shakers) and the fuse tool. I added the amount of sequins I wanted from a couple different mixes to the small storage pocket and then measured it against my panel to see where to fuse it so the line would not show through the heart. Next I diecut the heart from the Heart Strings dies out of pink card stock and stamped the "love" heart from the Heart Smile stamp set in red ink on the diecut.  I used the Heart Strings die again to cut the heart out of the barn wood panel and then placed the pink one I had cut earlier in the negative space. before I placed the panel on the card front I used the "you" from the greeting "you make my heart smile" by masking the rest of the sentiment and only inking up the word you. To finish the card added the sequin packet behind the diecut and used foam tape to pop the panel up and give it room to shake.
















3 comments: