Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Over The Moon


Hello everyone, it's Ceal here to share a card using a new set from My Favorite Things, Space Explorer
To make this card I started with a black top folding A2 card base. I created a galaxy background using distress inks water and white acrylic paint. (I had taken photos and deleted them by accident so I will try to explain the steps) 

The first step to make the galaxy background is to blend different color distress inks randomly to cover the entire paper. I used Picked Raspberry, Seedless Preserves, Spiced Marmalade, Peacock Feathers and Squeezed Lemonade. Next I blended Black Soot over the entire piece covering the colors but allowing them to be seen through the black ink. Next I splattered water across the panel achieving the look of meteors in space, the next step is to splatter white acrylic paint to look like tiny stars, I also used a white gel pen to add a few more stars. 
After I finished the background and allowed it to dry I used the Stitched Scallop Basic Edges 2 from My Favorite Things to create the wonky edge. 
To color the the little astronaut and the moon I used Copic markers and added them to the the background and then popped it up using foam tape. To finish the card I stamped the greeting with Versamark in and embossed it with white embossing powder.


Products Used








1 comment: