Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Beautiful Butterflies


Hello Everyone,
 It's Ceal here to share with you a card using My Favorite Things and Distress Oxide inks. To make my card I started with a top folding white card base and some striped design paper. I used the straight piece from the Stitched Basic Edges 2 by My Favorite Things to create the slanted opening for the greeting. 
Next I created a rainbow of colors in that opening by blending together some Distress Oxide inks in Worn Lipstick, Spiced Marmalade, Cracked Pistachio, Broken China and Wilted Violet and then spritzing with water to get the effect before stamping the greeting by using the MISTI tool for positioning and overstamping to make it darker.


For the butterflies I used some Bristol paper and blended the same colors of  Distress Oxides mentioned before and then used the Beautiful Butterflies Die-namics to cut them out. After cutting them out I used the MISTI tool again and placed the stamp in the negative space  and picked it up with the lid of the MISTI and then placed the die cut in the negative space and stamped the butterfly from the Beautiful Butterflies stamp set. To finish the card I added some sequins for sparkle.





 












No comments:

Post a Comment