Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Upon A Star



Hi everyone! 
I am so excited to be returning to the Drive by Crafts team. I am a big fan of the store and love to share cards using supplies from DBC.
My card today uses a cute set by Lawn Fawn, Upon a Star
To make my card I started with a top folding white card base and a white panel for the background and a black panel for the mat. 


I created the background using a new twist on an old technique (shaving cream) that I learned at a retreat I attended a couple weekends ago.  I placed some shaving cream in a plate and smoothed it out so that it was pretty flat. Next I randomly dropped reinkers on it, I think I used Salty Ocean, Blueprint Sketch and Seedless Preserves but not 100% sure. You can try different colors and make gorgeous backgrounds. After you drop the drops of reinkers into the shaving cream use a credit card to swirl them around and then let it sit for at least 6 hours, yep you read that right, it has to sit for at least 6 hours so make it first thing in the morning. Letting it sit this long creates those little bubbles you see in it. After it has sat for the allotted amount of time, all you do is place your cardstock face down and rub it or tap on it and then pick it up and let it dry  or evaporate and the you can take a paper towel and wipe off the excess. 
I had never mixed embossing with the shaving cream technique but I wanted the word wish to stand out and I knew it had to be white in order to do so, so I stamped it with versa mark ink and embossed it with white ep and it worked! I stamped the big dipper with archival ink in the Misti so I could over stamp it to get it darker and then colored the stars with a white gel pen.
Next I stamped the upon a star  at the bottom with memento and colored the star with Copic markers.

here is a close up of the "big dipper"










No comments:

Post a Comment