Monday, June 5, 2017

You Are Dino-Mite

Hi there!  It's Andrea here with my first post as a DT member.  I cannot begin to tell you how excited and honored I am to be a part of this team!  Thank you, Annette, for this wonderful opportunity!


Well, this might date me a bit, but I grew up watching the Flintstones.  Remember Dino, the original purple dinosaur?  No Barney for me here!  Naturally, I had to color these adorable characters from Neat & Tangled's Prehistoric set based on that TV show.  

I first stamped the cute girl with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink.  I masked her and then stamped the dinosaur.  After also masking the dinosaur, I laid down some post-it tape to mark off the ground and ink-blended Salty Ocean Distress Ink for the sky.  I then masked off the sky and ink-blended Tea Dye Distress Ink for the ground.  I removed both masks and colored the images with Copics.  


To make the little girl look more like Pebbles from the Flintstones, I stamped and fussy-cut a bone from another stamp set and adhered it to her hair.  Now, I have a confession to make:  After all of that work, I got black ink onto the little girl's face (I had used a black gel pen on the eyes, and it smeared).  Well, I wasn't about to start all over, so I stamped her onto another piece of paper, colored her face again, and cut it out with my scissors.  After going around the edges with a black marker, I adhered it on top of the original image.  You can barely tell (unless you run your finger over it), and I rather like how it emphasizes her cute face.

Using my MISTI, I stamped two sentiments from the set with Versafine and then heat-embossed them with clear embossing powder.  To create the frame around my scene, I trimmed a piece of MFT Stamps plaid paper to A2-size  and die-cut a stitched rectangle from the middle.  I backed the frame with a layer of foam tape and popped it onto my scene before adhering it to a white card.  To finish my scene, I die-cut a cloud and sun and tucked them under my frame (I trimmed the cloud in half and used both pieces).  The ground looked a bit flat to me, so I covered everything but it and flicked on some water, which I blotted with a towel.  After that had dried, I used a tan Copic marker to create shadows under the images.

Have a wonderful, crafty day!  


2 comments: