Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Sending Hugs with Altenew's Spring Daisy

Hello!  It's Andrea back with you today to share a watercolored card featuring the gorgeous blooms from Altenew's Spring Daisy.


For my card I used the smooth side of some Tim Holtz watercolor cardstock and stamped the images with Versafine Onyx Black ink.  Using my MISTI, I stamped the main blossom in the corner of my paper before rotating my paper to stamp it in the opposite corner.  I masked that flower before stamping the next bloom, again leaving the stamp in my MISTI and rotating the paper.  I continued masking, stamping, and rotating until I had all of my images down.


Usually I stamp my sentiment last, but because I already had my MISTI out, I went ahead and stamped a sentiment from Altenew's Beautiful Day.  After preparing my paper with my anti-static tool, I stamped the sentiment with Versamark and heat-embossed it in gold.  Then it was time to color!


I used my Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers to color all of my images.  The colors I used are 29, 23, 52, 20, 44, 46, and 96.  Once my painting was dry, I added some more shading with my Prismacolor Pencils.  I trimmed my panel down and adhered it to a soft gray card.  To draw attention to the sentiment, I added some clear sequins.

Thank you for stopping by.  
Have a beautiful day!



4 comments: