Thursday, August 10, 2017

A Pawsome Birthday Party

Hello there.  It's Andrea with a pawsome birthday card.  When I saw Waffle Flower Craft's Pawsome set in the Drive By Crafts store, I had to have it.  Maybe you've figured out by now that I really love critter stamps.  Well, dogs are my favorite critters, so this match was a foregone conclusion!


I started by stamping almost all of the images from the set with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink.  I colored them with Copics and then cut them out.  I colored more than I could fit on a card, so I have some images ready to go for a later one - hooray!


To create my background, I ink-blended Mustard Seed Distress Ink over Neat & Tangled's Hexastar Stencil.  The ground was created with Twisted Citron Distress Ink.  I die-cut a frame with Waffle Flower Craft's Lacey Layers dies and popped it up over my background with foam tape.  I adhered my images to my card, popping up the cake with foam adhesive.  Using some baker's twine from my stash, I created a garland onto which I adhered the banner pieces.  I added some details with a white gel pen before going to town with clear Zig Wink of Stella.  Because the card front was so busy, I opted to stamp a sentiment on the inside of my card.

Thank you for stopping by.  'Hope your day is pawsome!


1 comment:

  1. What an adorable card! I can see why you like this set!

    ReplyDelete