Thursday, August 3, 2017

Miss You

Hi there!  It's Andrea with you today sharing a back-to-school card featuring Neat & Tangled's Schoolhouse stamps.  My kiddos returned to school this week - boohoo! - and my daughter always asks if I miss them while they're at school.  Sometimes I do, but I confess I also enjoy the peace and quiet! ;)


I stamped the images with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink, colored them with Copics, and cut them out.  The set comes with two mice, but I thought it would be fun to have a bunch, so I stamped multiples of each.  Using my Xacto knift, I cut a slit under the bear's arm and tucked his lunchbox underneath.  I added a few highlights with a white gel pen, a bit of sparkle with Zig Wink of Stella (lunchbox), and some dimension with Glossy Accents (noses and bus windows).

To determine where I wanted my sky and road to be, I arranged my stamped images onto my background paper.  Once I was happy with my placement, I removed the images, masked off everything but the sky, and ink-blended with Tumbled Glass Distress Ink.  I then masked off the sky and grass and created the road with Black Soot Distress Ink.  After covering the sky and road, I ink-blended with Peeled Paint and Mowed Lawn Distress Inks for the grass.  While I was working, some Black Soot got onto my sky.  I tried to dab on some water to lift it off, but it didn't work that well.  To camouflage my boo boo, I used a damp paintbrush to "paint" on some cloud shapes and, after waiting a bit, blotted them with a towel.  I was fairly pleased at how well it worked!


I die-cut the ink-blended panel with a stitched rectangle die and popped it up with craft foam onto my card.  I adhered my stamped images onto my card and added some shading underneath them with Copics.  The sentiment is from MFT Stamps' Beary Big Adventure.  I heat-embossed it in white onto a strip of black cardstock and then popped it up with foam tape.  At this point, I thought there was too much green, so I covered up my images with scrap paper, flicked on some water, and blotted it.  That helped, but in retrospect, I wish I had made the backpack a different color.  That's what happens when I don't plan ahead!

Checkout the savings on the awesome Lawn Fawn card-stock now until August 6th. Hurry before they are all gone.

Thank you for stopping by.  I hope you have a terrific day!


No comments:

Post a Comment