Friday, August 11, 2017

You're Turtlely Aweome With Paper Smooches

Happy Friday everyone.  It's Dana back with you.  I'm sharing a really cool and turtlely awesome card with you today.  I'm so in LOVE with the Courteous Critters stamp set from Paper Smooches.  It pairs so nicely with the Rice Paddies Stencil from Neat and Tangled.  Yes, I'm mixing things up today.

I love this stencil because it reminds me of what the ocean looks like when sun rays hit it.  I used distress oxide inks to make this really pretty background. After I removed the stencil I spritzed the paper with some water to have the colors oxidize just a little.  I sponged another piece of card stock with the same colors to sit behind this stencil piece.  Remember if you don't have matching card stock, make your own. :-)  Since I wanted to keep my card in the theme of watercolors I stamped out my images and used my Daniel Smith watercolor paints to watercolor each of my courteous critters.  I used the matching die cuts to cut out each critter and popped them up on my card panel. 



I stamped the sentiment in brown ink and added just a few clear dew drops and sea glass sequins.  I used a simple white card base and my card was complete.  Here's a quick closeup of the card.


I've linked all the products I used below for your shopping pleasure.  Have a great weekend everyone and I'll see you back here soon!

1 comment: