Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Rockin My Mermaid...With My Favorite Things

Hey hey everyone.  It's Dana with you today.  I'm super excited to be on the team here at Drive By Crafts.  Today I'm sharing my first project using one of my favorite images from My Favorite Things.  This adorable mermaid is from the Mermazing stamp Set.  Living in Florida of course I had to use a mermaid on a card. :-)  

For my card I used distress ink cubes to create a mystical backdrop for my mermaid to sit on.  I first smooched the ink on my craft mat and mixed with water.  I ran my paper through the ink and spritz it with alcohol to get this really cool background. Next I stamped out my mermaid and colored her with Copic markers. Once she was colored I fussy cut her out.


Next I cut out some waves and clouds out of vellum.  I wrapped the ends of the waves around my cardstock and taped them to the back of the card panel.  I stamped part of a sentiment on each cloud with versamark and then heat embossed it with ultra fine white embossing powder.  I adhered each cloud to the card front with vellum adhesive. 

Lastly I tucked my mermaid between the waves and adhered her with my tape adhesive. Just for a little bit of added fun, I used some nuvo drops on the card front and on the clouds.  I decided to have this panel layered onto a aqua piece of cardstock and this was placed on a white card base.

Well that's my card for today. Have a great day everyone and we will see you back here soon.  Don't forget to swing by the store and pick up this mer-mazing stamp set and all your other crafting supplies.  Shipping is FREE with your $39 order (US orders ONLY)!


7 comments:

  1. So so so cute! That background is 😍😍😍😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card Dana !!! You did a great job !

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet stamp set. Your card is super cute and the background is perfect for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable! Love that background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love reading this article so beautiful! !great job!

    step and repeat backdrop

    ReplyDelete