Thursday, July 20, 2017

Altering a Stamp's Image with MFT Stamps' Beary Big Adventure

Hello, again!  It's Andrea here with you today.  I have two cards that, at first, may look identical, but are actually a little different because I altered the stamp's image on one of them.

Created for Drive by Crafts

I think this cute bear from MFT Stamp's Beary Big Adventure is perfectly adorable as drawn.  However, I needed a card for a male and did not think the bear with a flower on her headband was very masculine.  By masking the flower before stamping and then drawing in a few lines with a black marker afterward, I was able to create a boy bear with the same stamp!  All of the images were stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored with Copics.

Created for Drive by Crafts

Have you checked out the new colors of Distress Oxide ink?  They're gorgeous!  I used some of them on my backgrounds.  The sky was ink-blended with Salty Ocean, Faded Jeans, and Seedless Preserves, and I used Peeled Paint and Lucky Clover on the grass.  I flicked some water on the ink-blended panels and blotted it with a paper towel.  The grassy hill was die-cut with MFT Stamp's Stitched Scallop Basic Edge die and adhered to the sky.  Then I die-cut the entire panel with a stitched rectangle die.  

Created for Drive by Crafts

 After adhering my backgrounds to white cards, I arranged my stamped images on top, popping up the bears with foam tape.  I heat-embossed a sentiment from Beary Big Adventure onto a strip of white cardstock, bannered both ends and added that to my card front.  For some sparkle I added clear Zig Wink of Stella to the bears' noses and some Diamond Stickles to the sky.

Thank you for stopping by!  I hope I've encouraged you to try altering (temporarily, of course!) a stamp's image to get the look you want.  Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment